Pioneer’s DJS software was designed for professional and amateur DJs to enable full-scale DJ play on a PC. The software offers the same playability and functionality as the company's Pro DJ products, using a PC instead of two CDJ turntables and a DJ mixer. The DJS software combines the key elements of Pioneer's professional digital CD decks and mixers with a host of innovative features including:
- Auto mixing
- Waveform display for indicating playing position and cue/loop points
- BPM synchronization and beat synchronization
- Eight effects including Delay, Echo, Auto Pan, Trans, Filter, Flanger, Reverb and Pitch Shifter
- Fader start function for controlling the playback of two players (channel, fader and cross fader)
- Create function for setting four points for cues or loops in a song
Also included is a ripping function for converting CD, line input signals and wave files to MP3.
The graphic user interface is intuitive and easy to understand. It follows the same ergonomic design used in all Pioneer CDJ products and mixers. The display shows everything a professional DJ needs to see, including time, BPM, mixer controls, jog dial, hot cue buttons, etc.
The DJ can assign basic functions to a particular key on the PC keyboard. By doing this for frequently used functions, the DJ can establish his or her own playing style – on a keyboard. In addition, the “SYNC” feature automatically beat matches the cued track to the track that is playing and a powerful effects program mimics the effector features of the DJM-600.